The Progresso Weight Watchers soups are great for being low in points (even though they’re high in salt). They’re also good for being a tasty way to fill up at night when you are starving. However, they do not have many ingredients; they’re mostly broth. So you have to soup them up a bit to make them actually taste half way decent. I was very dubious about the clam chowder. I never trust any cheap clam chowders. So when I tried it tonight I was worried. But I think I found a way to make it edible. What’s better, it’s only 3 points for the whole can!
Souped up Progresso Light Clam Chowder Points: 3 for whole can
Problem: It doesn’t have much besides the broth and it’s watery and bland.
Solution: Reduce it on the stove top and add in good things.
- 1 can of Weight Watchers approved Progresso Light Clam Chowder
- 1 tsp (more or less) dried or fresh thyme
- 1 package baby clams ready for recipes (we have Chicken of the Sea)
- 1 stalk celery
- Chop up the stalk of celery.
- Put the soup in a sauce pan. Put in the clams and celery and thyme.
- Simmer on low for 5-10 minutes until it is reduced to about 1.5 cups liquid.